The picture. May 28, 2009; 1:00 p.m.

There’s a screen in front me
That shows a picture
The world is fine
The life is beautiful
My people are happy
A little lost
But then every one is

Being with the picture fully
I hear silent voices
I feel the aloofness
My people are not in my spaces
She feels lonely in this world
She wants to belong to someone
How do I tell her
That I want to be the one
She tells me she has a lot
Of catching up to do
She has new friends
I think what kills me
Is the feeling that
She’s connecting with that one.

My spontaneity she reciprocates
But then abruptly the talk ends
She’s normal all the while
Smiling and laughing
Saying she is just laying

It’s a belittling feeling to know
That she doesn’t treat
As a friend would treat a friend
The openness, the understanding
The trust the respect
She talks to me
When I call her
She patronizes me
To the hilt
She says she’ll talk to me later
But then she doesn’t bother

She is searching for chemistry
The electrifying touch
I am waiting for my lifetime
When she finds me that much

With the same intensity
We both long for the
Same thing in our lives

No comments:

Post a Comment